Thursday, May 26, 2011

No place like home.....

I am having a great time here in Geneva, one thing I have discovered though is there really is no place like home! The world is a great adventure and there are so many amazing sights to see, but there is nothing like going home! We have just under a week left and I can't believe how much I miss my family. I have been talking to them pretty much everyday and Skyping with them as well.

Ok so what we did today...we took the tram to Cern, it's really close to the French Border. It is the European Organization for Nuclear Research. "Founded in 1954, it has become a prime example of international collaboration, with currently 20 member states. It is the biggest particle physics laboratory in the world." It's the home of the world's biggest and most powerful particle accelerator-the 27-km (Large Hadron Collider).

It is pretty amazing, although we didn't get to take an official tour, we explored the 2 museums housed there. I will be putting many pics up!

Anyway, we are exhausted yet again, but having quite the adventure! Until next time.....

1 comment:

  1. Hey Mom,
    Evidently we really are a family of geeks. Dillan FREAKED out when I told him that you went to CERN where they have the world's biggest Large Hadron Collider. He said, "Large Hadron Collider!?! I've been studying that!!!" (Really? Who studies the world's largest Large Hadron Collider in their free time? Only Dillan...lol) Anyway, he wants a souvenir. ;)

    ReplyDelete