Sunday, May 15, 2011

Day 1 in Geneva

The only word I can use to describe our first day in Geneva is exhausting! So we land in Geneva at 8:00 am which is about midnight Utah time. We have been up since 4:00 am Utah time on Saturday. Not to mention only getting about 3-4 hours of sleep Friday night before we left. Afton picked us up at the airport and we immediately started driving around. She drove us into France and got to see a little of the countryside. We stopped at this really great croissant shop which is unbelievable. I've never seen pastries like this. Can't even describe it. We also drove past CERN, which for those of you who have read Angels and Demons, know is a physics lab. I got pictures that I thought Sterling would especially appreciate. Pretty cool. They give tours but I don't know if I will have time to fit it in. I know, I'm a geek. Then we went and met the DeGuzman's, the family we are staying with. Rodney and Marilyn are great, and they have a 13 year old daughter named Lisa that has Down Syndrome. Haley and I each have our own room in the basement with our own shared bathroom. Sweet. We got a much needed shower, and went to church. Afton and the De Guzman's are LDS, so it was nice to go check out their ward. They have 62 countries represented in their ward. It is an English speaking ward. We got out of church at 5:00 pm. We still hadn't slept, so we had a bit of a hard time staying awake. It was High Council Sunday after all. So after a bite to eat, skyping with Haley's family, and posting this blog, we are going to bed at 7:30. We have to be up at 6:30 tomorrow for a very full day of the World Health Organization which is being held at the International United Nations. Very cool. Until tomorrow, we miss everyone but are having a good time.

2 comments:

  1. COOL!!! I want to get a tour of CERN!!! Awesome, mom!!! Make Haley send the pics to me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We must be a family of geeks because I want to see CERN too! lol Oh, and I wouldn't mind a pastry as long as you're at it. ;) Love you Mom!
    Tara

    ReplyDelete