Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Beginning of day 2

So we are starting to get the hang of things around here....riding the trams and buses and walking a lot! We got lost pretty good in the UN building yesterday, we wandered for quite a while. We have Official UN badges though, so we went all over. Today Bill Gates (yep, I said Bill Gates, founder of Microsoft and co-chair of the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation), will be speaking during one of the plenary meetings. I'm pretty excited for that, we are here with many Dignitaries from countries all around the world, even though I couldn't tell you who was who, still pretty cool. So many languages being spoken around us all the time. Really wish we would have studied up on our French before we came, I'm feeling lost in languages!

I have not enjoyed the food here as of yet, not eating much except snacks and candy. Hopefully I don't gain too much weight, but if you know me you know strange food is not my thing! At our Host's home, she has been very gracious to set our breakfast every morning, that has been nice. Fruit and meat and eggs, a lot of people eat pastries every morning, but even that is not appealing to me much. I bought a bag of granola cereal with berries and that is tasting awesome!

Anywho! Enough of food talk! Will post more later! Love to you all and I miss my babies like crazy! Love you guys so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment