Monday, May 23, 2011

Back to Geneva

So I've been letting Haley do most of the posting on the blog because she is much more savvy when it comes to this kind of stuff. She is my official photographer. Unfortunately, she thinks that I don't get animated enough in them. I'm leaving that up to her! We had an incredible time with Matt and Jade. It was so great being with them in their home and in Venice. Since this week marks the one year anniversary of Lynn's death, I've had him on my mind even more than usual. Being with Matt and Jade was kind of like having a bit of him back. We did alot of reminiscing about Lynn. My birthday in Venice was fantastic. You don't see any automobiles over there because there is no place to drive them. You either walk, take water taxis or gondolas. We mostly walked and took a water taxi when it was time to go back to the train station. We had to go up and down many steps to cross canals, and we walked from one end of the city to the other. I kept telling Matt, Jade and Haley that this was really good training for me since I am going on our Stake's Trek in July. When someone started saying how tired of walking they were, Matt would say, "We're doing it for Tina". We were so tired and our feet were so sore when we got home, but it was one of the most memorable days of my life. On Sunday, Matt, Jade and I attended the English speaking military branch. It was very fun. Just a small branch, and at least 2/3 of them were little kids. There is one family in the branch that has 14 children! Later, Matt barbecued and we visited until late. Today Haley and I headed home on the train back to Geneva. It took us 7 hours with a 1 hour layover in Milan. After we dropped our stuff off at the home we are staying at, put some laundry in and Haley showered, we were off to explore Geneva at night and have some dinner. We really miss the food prices in Italy. It is SO expensive to eat in Switzerland. We went down to the harbor in Geneva and watched the sunset and ate Gelato. Haley will post some great pictures, I'm sure. I'll let Haley tell about how she forgot to get off the tram at our house and had to walk back. Ha Ha! Well, tomorrow we are back at the World Health Assembly. They are closing up business tomorrow and then we will start preparing for the Human Rights Assembly which starts Monday. So until then....

1 comment:

  1. Ok so I wasn't paying attention and didn't get off the tram with Tina, it was really full of people and I didn't see her. I did get off at the next stop and walked back to our house, I figured it would be faster than waiting for another tram. I wasn't even worried, oh ys that's how good we're getting at navigating this place!

    ReplyDelete